What is personal data?
Personal data is information that can be used to help identify an individual, such as name, address, phone number or email address. It's important that you read the full policy to understand what information We hold, how We may use it, and what your rights are.
2) Data Protection
- By registering to be a member of the Club, completing a reservation for accommodation, holding an event at the Club and/or to use the Club Website, you consent to the collection, use and transfer of your information under the terms of this Policy.
- We are committed to preserving the privacy of all Members and Guests of the club and visitors to the Club Website. Whether you are a first-time visitor to the club or a regular user, the we take your privacy seriously.
- We take reasonable care to comply with the requirements of the UK Data Protection Act 1998 ("the Act") and the General Data Protection Regulations 2018, (GDPR), relating to the personal information you supply to us.
- For the purpose of the Act, the data controller is In and Out Ltd, No. 4 St James's Square, London SW1Y 4JU, England.
3) Information That The In And Out Club Collects From You
- We take the utmost care to ensure that the personal information we obtain from you is not used in a way that you may be unaware of or not agreeable to. We collect personal information from members who register with the Club Website. This includes your name, e-mail address and membership Number.
- Instructions on how to register for member access to the Club Website may be obtained from email@example.com. Non-members cannot register.
- If you request to book accommodation or are planning on holding an event here, that data is used to complete your booking. In other cases, no personally identifiable information will be collected from you, unless you contact us.
- If any of the information you have submitted to the Club about you changes, as a member you are able to update this when you log into the members area of the website or alternatively please contact the Membership Secretary at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Club collects Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) footage throughout the Clubhouse for Security Purposes. The full policy can be found here.
4) How We Use Your Information
- We use the information we collect from registered members to provide you with access to all parts of the Club Website, to communicate with you with respect to User Name and Password changes specific to the Club Website, for other Club communications and for processing financial transactions.
- For Members and Guests, your personal information will only be used by the us for purposes consistent with the aims of the In and Out Club.
- Personal information obtained from users of the Club Website (whether members or not) who contact us will only be used for the purposes of communicating with them about the subject on which they have contacted the us.
5) Security & Storing Data
- Information is stored by the IN and Out Ltd on computers located in the UK. We may also store information in paper files.
- The Club's IT Systems and Club Website use security systems that protects your information from unauthorised use. Although we cannot 100% guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, we enforce strict procedures and security features to protect your information and prevent unauthorised access.
- Please remember that other methods of internet communication, such as emails and messages sent via a website, are not secure unless they are encrypted.
- The In and Out Club will keep your information only for as long as we need it to provide you with the services or information you have required, to administer your relationship with us, to comply with the law, or to ensure we do not communicate with people that have asked us not to. When we no longer need information. We will always dispose of it securely, using specialist companies if necessary to do this work for us.
- To enable features at the Site, we may assign one or more "cookies" to your Internet browser. Cookies, among other things, speed navigation through our Site, keep track of information so that you do not have to re- enter it each time you visit our Site, and may provide you with customized content. A cookie is an Internet mechanism composed of a small text file containing a unique identification number that permits a web server to send small pieces of information or text by means of your browser and place them on your computer's hard drive for storage. This text lets the web server know if you have previously visited the web page. Cookies by themselves cannot be used to find out the identity of any user.
- The site also uses Google Display Advertising cookies which allow Google to infer information about visitor demographics and interests. We use this information to enhance the Club Website's performance in a number of ways including providing a secure way for us to verify your identity during your visit to the Club Website and to personalise your experience on the Club Website. We use the aggregated demographics and interests data collected by Google, alongside data collected via Google Analytics regarding what content visitors are accessing, provide more engaging content and to improve the visitor experience.
- The In and Out Club also uses this information to track your movements through the Club Website. The cookies do not collect any personally identifiable information and we do not facilitate the merging of personally identifiable information collected such as membership information, with non-personally identifiable information in any way. We may use information for internal marketing analysis, for example, to assess trends amongst website visitors or to measure the amount of traffic to the website. The Club Website does not use Web Beacons. To find out further information, please email email@example.com.
7) Links To Third Parties' Websites
8) What Information Does The Naval And Military Club Share?
- We are legally required to do so, e.g. by a law enforcement agency legitimately exercising a power or if compelled by an order of the Court.
- It is necessary to protect or defend Our rights, property or the personal safety of Our people or visitors to Our premises or websites
- We work with a carefully-selected partner that is carrying out work on Our behalf. These partners may include our Club caterers and the Health Club, our Bank, mailing houses, IT specialists and legal advisors. The kind of work we may ask them to do includes processing, mailing, software support and processing financial transactions. We only choose partners we can trust. We will only pass personal data to them if they have signed a contract that requires them to
- abide by the requirements of the Data Protection Act
- treat your information as carefully as We would
- only use the information for the purposes it was supplied (and not for their own purpose or that of another organisation)
- allow Us to carry out checks to ensure they are doing all these things.
- We never sell or share your information to other organisations to use for their own purposes.
- In accordance with the Clubs articles of association 26.3 The club will share information with a reputable debt collection agency for any default by Members, whereby attempts to recover the debt directly has failed.
- Non-members booking the Club for events and/or accommodation will be subject to the terms and conditions of the contract. We may share information with a reputable debt collection agency if attempts to recover the money directly has failed.
9) Your Rights
- You have the right to ask for a copy of the information held by the In and Out Club. This is called a subject access request.
- You have the right also to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information or request that information is erased.
- No administration fee will be charged for considering and/or complying with such a request unless the request is deemed to be excessive in nature.
- You can make a request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to
The Club Secretary
The In and Out, Naval and Military Club
No. 4 St James's Square
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) if you believe your data has been processed in a way that does not comply with the GDPR. You can do so by calling the ICO helpline on 0303 123 1113 or via their website, www.ico.org.uk.
The In and Out Club may change this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes, we will notify you by post and /or posting a prominent announcement on the Club Website.
If you have any queries concerning your personal information or any questions on the In and Out Club's use of the information, please contact the General Manager (+44 (0)20 7827 5768 or email email@example.com).
Revised 29 March 2018